Monday, January 12, 2009

Get it write here Journal (#3 &4 &5)

I found this great new blog the other day. She puts up Journal Questions, some simple, some complex however all of them will help you think about where you are, what you appreciate and look a little deeper inside yourself.


****************************************************


Describe a quality that a close friend of yours possesses that you admire.

Hmmmm… I would have to say my best friend Laila. She had a really, really traumatic experience as a young girl, and she pulled out to be this amazing woman. She is strong, funny, intelligent, externally and internally elegant. She epitomizes the strength of a titan, I only wish everyone in her life realized this. I’d love to be able to pull out of something like that with the grace she has.


************************************************

Describe a time when you flunked or failed at something.


When I failed… that is a tough one. I think my greatest failing I’ve ever really blamed myself for, was a miscarriage I had about 12 years ago. I was about 22 years old, and I had gotten pregnant, and was quite happy about it, though the circumstances were difficult. I obviously had never done a lot of research and was spending a lot of time in the hot tub, calming my sore muscles and nerves. I did not realize that hot tubs were bad for pregnant women, and consequently had a miscarriage at about 8 weeks. I was devastated and blamed myself for not knowing it could happen, from that point on, I researched everything.



*************************************************

Describe how you handle disappointment or bad news.


I hate to be disappointed, when I put my faith in someone, it crushes me when I'm let down. I am a lot like a child in that aspect, that I tend to become very sad. I used to lash out, and react very poorly to whoever did it. Though, an incident occurred the other day with a loved one, in which I was disappointed in an action that happened, I remained quite calm, using a lot of logic and less emotion than I usually do. That is a MUCH better way for me to handle it, there were no tears during the discussion and that helped both of us respect one another even more. So, I handle disappointment differently than I ever have, it's a change I'm really liking in myself.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep...you made me cry. I love you so much!!