Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Halloween Party Ideas (Early planning)

>I love to plan parties!


So far to date, we have a yearly New Years party, a Beltaine party (Beginning of Spring), a Yule party and used to have monthly “Iron Chef” parties.


Now, my biggest party that I’ve been wanting, a Samhain/Halloween party!


I am so excited about this one. I am starting to plan this party now!


So far we have about 10 adults and about 10 kids (ranging in age between 17 and 10 months).


So, what do I need??


Ideas!


* I need good decorating ideas for a front porch, front entry way, three living areas (one of them solely for the children, it is in the study) and the dining room.


*I need cute food ideas. Things that are Halloween-ie (hehehehe… Yep… gross humor still makes me laugh). I need adult foods and great fun foods for the kids.


*I also need ideas for fun favors I can make. (One year I handed out scrolls of old Halloween poems and stories).


So… anyone up for the challenge?

You can post the ideas on here or even better, write a post on your blog and link it back here! That way it can have pictures, etc.


I appreciate all your help and I can’t wait to see what ideas everyone has!

Thanks blogger world peeps!!

5 comments:

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said...

We're in the same frame of mind! I ran into Dollar Tree today and the Halloween stuff is just out, and I was already brain storming to see what I could put where! (They have the cutest mini martini shakers that are purple with bats on them! I thought that would be a fun favor for the adults here) I'll be stalking your post to see the good ideas that get posted.

Bring on the bats & spiders! ;)

Anonymous said...

*lalala* I cannot hear you talking about the H word. I have 2 more months. 2 more. I wrote about it on my blog haha

nancy said...

Samhaim? Um, isn't that Danzig's band? Does it mean something else? It's got to or it'd be way too funny in that context. heh.

Joanna said...

Oh, I have a post in drafts for my new blog waiting and it's all about Halloween parties!!! I will be putting it up this week! (yes, I have a new blog...Of course JoJos Place is staying, it's just that my personal life was getting lost and so I started a new one...Here is the link to it...

http://thissoutherngirlsnest.blogspot.com/

And here is something for you....

http://momof2andwife.blogspot.com/2008/09/my-bff.html

Nydia said...

Hi, Lilith! Mrs. B., from COnfessions of a Pagan Soccer Mom, has tons of ideas, check it out!

Kisses from Nydia.