Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Relationships are for the dogs....

As most of you know… I’m single and have been for over a year (I was 6 months pregnant when we split up). This is the longest I’ve ever been single. Usually it is a few weeks before I find someone to serve as a “distraction”.


Much of it is by choice, however, mainly because I haven’t met anyone that I find intriguing, and because I’m still a sucker for my ex. (Possibly the only one I’ve ever been like this for.)

He and I are still friends… we have two daughters together and still talk every night and just catch up with one another.


He called me today and asked me if I would call the doctors (I went to his appt on Monday; that is how the whole elevator issues happened); to talk to them about pain meds he’s taking. I agreed… blah blah. I told him that if she can’t talk to me, then I’ll have her call him at 5pm, because he’s home. He won’t be home tonight…. Weird right?


Now, a little bit of back story…..


He has a girl at work, that he’s had feeling for, one of the reasons he and I split up. She’s pregnant, (by someone else, right before he and she were going to start dating), she is 30 weeks, and in the hospital due to complications, the daddy of the baby is not a good guy and hasn’t shown up to the hospital but for an hour she will have the baby in the next few days, if not sooner. It’s a sad situation.


But, tonight…tonight he’s going to be in the hospital with her. NOT at home dealing with doctors phone calls for his pain meds… I’ll be doing that.


I’m a sucker… I told him I would do it and then found out that he’s going to be in downtown Denver to see her.


I’ve had the girls every night since Saturday. Because he’s been in pain, (granted, I’ve offered it to be nice) but does that matter… nope, he can take the night to go and see her, but not to see his girls. He doesn’t pay child support, he doesn’t pay daycare….


Wow… I really, really need to find a way to stop being so dumb for him… I HATE feeling like a kid here… I’m in my mid-30’s I should be way over this!

Have ya’ll ever been dumb for someone? How did you finally get over it? Any advice?...

Post a Comment