Monday, August 11, 2008

My Meal Plan and Cheap Grocery Run!

Ok... As most of you know you I have a large family, between my roommate and I, there are eight mouths to feed every night.

Food prices are high, so when I can cut down.. I love it!

Here is what I planned for food this week:

  1. Taco Hamburger helper/veggies/mashed potatos/fruit
  2. Waffles/sausage/eggs
  3. Chicken Caesar Pitas/Chips
  4. Chicken/Veggies/mashed potatoes/fruit
  5. Spaghetti
  6. Sausage dogs/Fried potatoes
  7. Turkey Burgers/salad/Fruit
I only use ground turkey because beef upsets my stomach.
I also got three gallons of milk and two bags of cereal.

I got all of this for 98$.

I was THRILLED!

No desserts, but at least they are eating healthy.. right?

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Chicken Caesar Pitas... how do you make those? They sound SO good. I am a Caesar lover- therefore this is right up my alley!!

3 gallons of mild costs like $10 alone, around here! gah! And we literally buy 4-6 a week, now that both boys are drinking it! It's insanity!!

Emily ~ Little Window Shoppe said...

Eight people to feed every night! Wow, this is incredible. You got all of it for 98. That's impressive.

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

$98!?! My hero!

Elizabeth F. said...

I'm all about spending as little as possible on groceries. Way to go!

Crystal said...

Um, can I eat at your house? lol!!