Just for fun, I thought I'd pull out this meme I found on Rocks in My Dryer. In honor of Labor Day, it's about...well, labor. And not the kind you get a day off for, either.
How long were your labors?
Kid #1, 10 hours
Kid #5, 1.5 hours
Kid #2, 8 hours
Kid #3, 8 hours.
Kid #4, 1.5 hours.
Kid #6, 12 hours
Kid #6 was trying to make sure I never did it again. She did not succeed
How did you know you were in labor?
Kid #1, Plug came out, contractions started
Kid #5, water breaking
Kid #2, Contractions
Kid #3, Contractions
Kid #4, water breaking.
Kid #6, false water breaking, huge scare
Where did you deliver?
With all of them, at a hospital.
Drugs?
Kid #1, Epidural
Kid #5, Nothing
Kid #2, Demoral
Kid #3, Demoral
Kid #4, Nothing
Kid #6, Epidural
C-section?
Yes, #1 was a C-section, all the others VBACs. #6 tried to be a C-section, she's a fussy one!
Who delivered?
All of them were delivered by doctors, though some of them almost came too quickly.
(this post was originally posted August 31, 2008)
Hi Suzanne,
ReplyDeleteThis was super interesting. You are one experienced mama!
I can't believe your labor time leapt from 1.5 hours to 12 hours from Kid #5 to Kid #6. Wow! I bet that was a bit of a "surprise."
I'm curious...
(1) Now, that you've had epidurals, demoral, and nothing...what do you think you will do with baby #7 (when that time comes)?
(2) Have you considered delivering at a birth center? If you have one in your area, I highly recommend you looking into it. I bet you'd love it. :)
stephanie@metropolitanmama.net